Hundreds of people took to the streets of Charlotte, North Carolina, as protests continued for a fifth night Saturday over the fatal police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott earlier this week. Riot police were deployed in the city after unlawful assembly was reported just after authorities released the official dashcam video of the shooting incident.

Protesters gathered around Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police headquarters as curfew went into effect. Several demonstrators demanded that police "release the whole video" of the shooting of the 43-year-old black man. Protesters refused to leave areas despite police saying they would be arrested if they did not disperse. Some of the protesters were heard saying "we will be back."

Amid the recent string of police killings of black Americans, angry protesters have disputed the police account of the shooting. Protesters also gathered in Baltimore, Maryland, and Oakland, California, in solidarity with those demanding justice for Scott's fatal shooting.

As tensions escalated in Charlotte, authorities declared Sunday's Carolina Panthers and Minnesota Vikings game an "Extraordinary Event," which allows officials to prohibit some items from being brought into certain boundaries of the event as part of public safety.

After sustained pressure and demands from the public, Charlotte police release the video from the dashboard camera of an arriving police car showing officers surrounding Scott’s car. Scott was killed Tuesday by a black officer who police say opened fire after the former got out of a car with a firearm during a confrontation.

Police released two photos Saturday night showing an ankle holster, which officials said Scott was wearing, and a gun which police said Scott had in his possession at the time of the incident.

"When you're in possession of marijuana and in possession of a gun, that is a public safety issue," Charlotte Police Chief Kerr Putney said, adding that Scott was "absolutely in possession of a handgun" but there is "no definitive visual evidence" that he had the gun in hand.

Scott's wife, Rakeyia Scott, released her own cell phone video of the shooting Friday. In the clip, she requested the police to not shoot Scott because her husband had no weapons and was not a threat to them due to his "TBI" — traumatic brain injury. The police can be heard telling Scott to "drop the gun" as the wife asks someone — it is unclear who — to not "do it." An officer opens fire, and the video ends with Rakeyia Scott swearing that "he better not be f----- dead" as she sees her husband's body on the ground.