A worker sorts eggs at egg-producing company Toni's Freilandeier in Glein
A worker sorts eggs at egg-producing company Toni's Freilandeier (Toni's free-range eggs) in Glein in Austria's southern province of Styria April 19, 2011. Toni's Freilandeier is the largest producer of free-range and organic free-range eggs in Austria, employing some 200 free-range egg producing farmers and some 100 organic free-range egg producing farmers with an output of some 80 millions of eggs per year. Picture taken April 19. Reuters

Sometimes, winning isn't everything.

A 20-year-old Tunisian man reportedly died after accepting and winning a bet to eat 28 raw eggs in one sitting, Fox News reports.

Dhaou Fatnassi, from Kairouan, complained of stomach cramps following the challenge. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival, according to Shems FM.

The terms of the bet are unclear at this time, as is the man's official cause of death, though it's believed to be connected to the raw eggs.

Fatnassi's passing isn't the only public fatality linked to a bet in recent years. In October, a Florida man died after a number of cockroaches and worms became lodged in his windpipe following an bug eating contest at a pet store.

Medical examiners found that Edward Archbold, 32, died from choking. He gagged and heaved following the contest and later collapsed. Archbold, of West Palm Beach, was one of about 30 participants vying for the grand prize: a ball python.

In 2007, Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old California mother of three died following a radio competition that asked entrants to drink as much water as they could without urinating. The winner would receive a Nintendo Wii.

Strange quaffed two gallons of water in three hours. She complained to disc jockeys on-air that she was in pain. She left after receiving second place and concert tickets. Strange collapsed at home and died. The coroner ruled that she died from water intoxication.

Strange's husband sued Entercom Sacramento LLC, who owns Sacramento radio station KDND-FM, for his wife's wrongful death. According to ABC News, a jury awarded him $16.5 million in 2009.

Despite signed waivers, Strange's legal team alleged the radio station failed to relay the risks of water intoxication, even ignoring staffers and listeners' concerns