The parents of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth, who is now presumed dead have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against her fiancé Patrick Frazee. This is the first time the family has publicly acknowledged the death of the mother of one, after police announced Dec. 21 that she was most likely killed. 

Berreth was last seen on Thanksgiving Day with her daughter at a Safeway in Woodland Park. Three days after Thanksgiving, Berreth’s cell phone pinged near Gooding, Idaho, just 40 miles from Twin Falls. Police believe the woman was murdered at her Woodland Park home.

After days of investigation, police arrested and charged Frazee on five counts of murder relating to her death, including two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of solicitation to commit first-degree murder.

According to the lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Colorado, by Berreth's parents — Cheryl-Lee Berreth and Darrell Berreth — claimed: "Upon information and belief, Frazee committed and/or collaborated to commit the murder of Kelsey Berreth. This action seeks damages against Frazee for his actions to murder and/or collaboration to murder Kelsey Berreth."

In the suit, the family claims that through the murder of their daughter they "incurred economic loss and damages, to include but not limited to net pecuniary losses and other economic losses, and non-economic losses and damages, to include but not limited to solatium, grief, emotional distress and suffering and loss of quality of life." Berreth's parents have also requested a trial by jury in the lawsuit, ABC News reported.

"We will share all our information with the local, state and federal authorities and no one else, until all facts are made public," Perry Sanders and Angela Jones, attorneys who represent Berreth's family, said in a statement to ABC News. "Our federal lawsuit speaks for itself and we will not add any detail at this time."

The lawsuit also details Frazee's alleged abuse leading up to the murder, saying he "enacted physical, mental, and emotional acts of violence upon Kelsey Berreth prior to her death."

Last week, details emerged about Berreth and Frazee's relationship, with two friends of the fiance telling CNN that he and the young mother ended their relationship months ago. This contradicts what Berreth’s aunt, Tamra Freeman, originally wrote in a Facebook post about the couple’s relationship,  saying that they had broken up the same day Berreth went missing. Berreth's cousin Jodee Garreston earlier said the couple met online two years ago. At the time, Berreth lived in Washington, and within months of meeting, she moved to Colorado to be with him.

As police continue the investigation into the case, they took an unidentified 32-year-old nurse from Idaho in custody. Police believed the woman may have disposed of a cell phone that belonged to Berreth. The Daily Mail reported that the nurse likely had a romantic relationship with Frazee.

Authorities have yet to discover a body or any of Berreth's remains. However, police said they had found possible evidence in connection to the case. 

Last week, a judge granted physical custody of Berreth’s one-year-old daughter to her maternal grandparents. Since then, a child custody battle is going on between the two families.