• Tyrek Townsend, 37, was fatally shot in Queens on Monday
  • He survived a similar shooting that happened outside his home last year
  • Police have not made any arrests in both shootings

A 37-year-old man in New York was fatally shot earlier this week, more than a year since he survived a similar shooting that riddled his body with bullets, police said.

Tyrek Townsend, of Coney Island, was shot in the upper body near 113th Avenue and Linden Boulevard in Queens' South Ozone Park neighborhood at around 10:05 p.m., the New York Daily News reported, citing police.

Medics took Townsend to the nearby Jamaica Medical Hospital, but doctors could not save him, according to the outlet.

Townsend, who had a history of drug arrests, was involved in a similar shooting outside his home on Aug. 23 last year that ended with his body being riddled with bullets.

He was rushed to the hospital and survived his wounds.

A 27-year-old man, Kadeem Street, died from the incident, while two other people were injured.

No arrests have been made in both shootings.

An "I-Card" was put out a month after the August shooting to let patrol officers know that authorities were trying to find Townsend as they still had more questions regarding Street's death, police sources said.

Townsend was still being sought after as a witness in the case, according to police.

It was unclear if the two shootings were related in any way.

In a similar story, a 27-year-old man who survived a mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017 was among the fatalities in another mass shooting that happened a year later in California.

Telemachus Orfanos and 11 others died after United States Marine Corps veteran Ian David opened fire at the Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks, Los Angeles on Nov. 8, 2018.

He had escaped death a year before when another gunman, 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, ended up killing 60 people and injuring nearly a thousand more in Las Vegas on Oct. 1, 2017 — the deadliest mass shooting committed by an individual in U.S. history.

"I don't want prayers, I don't want thoughts, I want gun control," Susan Schmidt-Orfanos, Telemachus' mother, was quoted as saying after his death.

"It's particularly ironic that after surviving the worst mass shooting in modern history, he went on to be killed in his hometown," Telemachus' father, Marc, said.

David, who was suspected of having post-traumatic stress disorder, was found dead at the scene. Paddock, meanwhile, killed himself in his hotel room after the shooting.

police-5226674_1920 (1)
Representation. Tyrek Townsend, 37, was still being sought after by authorities for a shooting last year when he was fatally shot Monday. Pixabay