• The fire broke out in Darby Township in Pennsylvania's Delaware County
  • The deceased woman had cerebral palsy, which limited her mobility
  • The suspect sent the family threatening messages before the fire

A Pennsylvania man was charged for allegedly setting a house on fire that killed a 20-year-old occupant who had cerebral palsy, the authorities said.

The arson took place in Darby Township in Delaware County early Sunday. The deceased woman was identified as Olivia Drasher, who had limited mobility and was nonverbal due to her medical condition.

Following initial investigation, the Darby Township Police arrested Aaron Clark, 40, and charged him with first-degree murder, aggravated assault, attempting to cause or cause serious bodily injury, and resisting arrest, Delco Times reported. His bond was set at $75,000.

The fire was set around midnight on the home's front porch, which was right next Olivia's bedroom, her family told the Philadelphia Inquirer. Her mom, Drea Dasher, was awakened by the screams of Olivia's nurse and rushed to get the victim's twin sister, Raquelle, out of the home safely.

Drea thought she would storm back to the house to bring Olivia, but by then the fire grew far more dangerous, pouring out thick smoke. Olivia's nurse, who couldn't make it out herself, suffered severe burns and smoke inhalation in the process, Drea told the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Clark had previously dated Olivia's unidentified elder sister, as per a report by CBS News. The previous day, he had sent threatening texts to his ex, one of which read: "Pick up before I do something crazy, hope you don't miss the show."

The suspect tried to resist officers, even spat on them when they tried to arrest him, the outlet reported.

Clark continued his messaging spree even while being held by the authorities. He was reportedly texting his ex-girlfriend from an iPhone that he hid in his rectum.

Before committing the crime, Clark was reportedly aware that even though his ex-girlfriend was not at home, her sisters were, CBS reporter Joe Holden tweeted.

Firecrews fighting the  Mosquito Fire in  California in September 2022

"I don't know why this happened, or even how this could happen to us," Drea told the Philadelphia Inquirer, adding that support came in for the family after Olivia's death. "There are so many different emotions and questions right now, but as far as support, we have plenty."