The body of missing Texas mother Weltzin Garcia was found two months after the remains of her boyfriend were discovered in White Rock Lake, northeast of downtown Dallas. A kayaker spotted the body of a woman last week and police confirmed Monday it was that of the missing 26-year-old. 

The body was found on Mountain Creek Lake, adjacent to Garcia's hometown of Grand Prairie. The remains of 28-year-old Alfonso Hernandez were discovered on Feb. 17, more than a week after he and his partner were reported missing on Feb. 5. Just one week before their disappearance, Garcia obtained a protective order against Hernandez, who was wanted on a domestic violence warrant.

During a search, police found Hernandez's car near White Rock Lake by pinging Garcia's cellphone in the hours after their disappearance was reported. For weeks, police and family members scoured the area to look for clues into the whereabouts of Garcia.

A preliminary autopsy showed no signs of trauma on Hernandez's body and that he drowned, Grand Prairie Police told ABC-affiliated television station WFAA. Investigators are yet to release a cause and manner of death for Garcia and Hernandez.

The couple had two children, a 6-year-old girl, and a 3-year-old boy — who were placed in the custody of Garcia's twin sister, Atziry Mireles, Fox News reported.

After their disappearance, Mireles spoke to Dallas Morning News in February saying her sister had moved into their cousin's house after a series of disputes with Hernandez. According to Mireles, on the morning of Feb. 5, Hernandez texted a goodbye message to his family. 

Garcia's mother, Vania Mireles, wrote a message on Facebook on Monday thanking people for their prayers for her daughter. She is "in a better world," Vania wrote in Spanish.

The Dallas Police Department's Homicide Unit will investigate the death of Garcia. Mark Beseda, a Grand Prairie police spokesman, told local media that the department plans to share information to assist Dallas police in their investigation.

"Once they complete their investigation, we will close ours as well," Beseda said in an email to the Dallas Morning News.

A crime scene tape is seen in this undated photo.