Members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff have gone into quarantine after a top Coast Guard official tested positive for COVID-19, the Pentagon announced Tuesday. Vice Commandant of the Coast Guard Adm. Charles Ray is confirmed to have tested positive for the virus Monday after feeling symptoms over the weekend. 

Gen. Mark Milley, the nation’s top general, along with other members of the military’s top brass are now in self-isolation. The Pentagon said no other military leaders have tested positive other than Ray.

It’s still unclear how Ray contracted the virus. He participated in multiple meetings with senior military officials last week.

Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman assured reporters that there has been "no change to the operational readiness or mission capability of the U.S. Armed Forces."

"Senior military leaders are able to remain fully mission capable and perform their duties from an alternative work location," Hoffman added. 

The news comes as President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump have tested positive for the virus. Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel and three Republican senators have also contracted the virus. 

On Monday, Trump returned to the White House from Walter Reed Military Hospital, where he had spent the weekend. Dr. Sean Conley, the White House physician, said Tuesday that Trump is doing “extremely well” and experiencing “no symptoms.”

Trump has been receiving a variety of treatments for the virus, such as an antibody cocktail from Regeneron. His treatment plan also includes the steroid dexamethasone.