A mother’s quick-thinking saved the life of a toddler after he was bitten by a venomous brown snake in Queensland, Australia, on Wednesday.

The unidentified two-year-old boy was playing in his garden while he was bitten on the left foot by the reptile. Upon realizing that her son was bitten by one of the most poisonous snakes in the world, the boy’s mother rushed him to a nearby health center. The boy was then airlifted to another hospital. At the hospital, the doctors applied pressure on the foot in order to stop the flow of venom. The hospital confirmed that the victim was in a stable condition.

Meanwhile, photos taken on-board the helicopter while he was being airlifted to the hospital showed the victim sitting on his mother's lap, holding a teddy bear in his hand which was given to him by the rescue crew.

In a statement, RACQ LifeFlight Rescue said, “His quick-thinking mother, who recognized her son had been bitten by a venomous snake, rushed him to a nearby health facility.”

Meanwhile, following the incident, experts have warned residents in the suburban areas in the country to get ready for a horror snake season during which there would be an increase in snake sightings.

“It is out of the ordinary to see snakes this early. All households should keep grass areas around houses low and well maintained,” Australian Reptile Park's Head of Reptiles Daniel Rumsey said.

Brown Snake
This photo taken on September 25, 2012 shows a deadly Australia eastern brown snake -- which has enough venom to kill 20 adults with a single bite -- in the Sydney suburb of Terrey Hills. William West/AFP/GETTY