A Wisconsin police officer has been hailed a hero for risking his life to save a 75-year-old man from a house fire. The officer's heroic actions were recorded on his body camera.

The Port Washington Police Department detailed the incident in a Facebook post on Monday alongside a photo of the hero cop, Tony Becker. Authorities said Becker was on his routine patrol at around 5:40 p.m. ET in the 300 block of N. Wisconsin Street when he heard noises consistent with a house burning. Through investigation, Becker was able to determine that a home in the area was on fire. Upon rushing to the spot, Becker found the house "fully engulfed in flames," the post mentioned.

When Becker inched closer, a female resident of the home rushed toward him and said her husband was trapped inside. “Downstairs, he’s downstairs,” she told Becker, according to the Facebook post.

In spite of the raging flames, Becker sprang into action and entered the residence to save the elderly man. The body-camera footage, obtained by NBC affiliate WTMJ, shows the officer walking his way into the garage while calling out the victim's name.

"John, John, come here, come to my voice," Becker is heard saying in the video. "Come up to the stairs, sir, crawl, crawl," says Becker. Becker finally hears the man emerge from a stairwell inside the entryway. The officer then instructs the man to "get low to the ground and come towards his voice."

"The individual appeared to not know where the officer was," authorities said in the Facebook post. "Seeing the need to expedite their exit, Officer Becker made entry into the home, reaching out and grabbing ahold of the resident and pulling him to the doorway."

Becker then pulls the man out from the garage and to safety.

Neighbor Barbara Patterson told KWTX-TV that the explosion might have happened after a lit barbecue grill ignited a propane tank parked nearby, sending a plume of fire and smoke into the sky and blowing off all the windows of the house. "The smoke was so thick that alone would have been catastrophic," Patterson told the outlet.

Becker was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation, according to the outlet. No one was injured in the fire, according to WILX-TV.

A house burns as fires approach the village of Pefki on Evia
A house burns as fires approach the village of Pefki on Evia AFP / ANGELOS TZORTZINIS