• Amanda Henry became aggressive during a Spirit Airlines flight from Fort Lauderdale
  • The flight crew said they did not wish to press charges against Henry
  • Henry resisted arrest and yelled, "Shoot me" to police officers

A woman was restrained by a fellow passenger after attacking two flight attendants on a Spirit Airlines flight to Nashville on Saturday night. She then yelled “shoot me” at police officers while being arrested and admitted she had “a lot” to drink before wreaking havoc on the flight.

The passenger, identified as 42-year-old Amanda Henry, was onboard the flight that took off from Fort Lauderdale to Nashville at 6 p.m. Henry is accused of punching one flight attendant and pulling another by their hair.

Fellow passengers on the aircraft later restrained her by tying her feet with zip-ties, according to USA TODAY. The flight crew contacted officers on the ground after the aircraft landed at Nashville International Airport around 7 p.m.

The police said the woman’s eyes were bloodshot and found her smelling of alcohol as they carried her off the aircraft. Her speech was slurred, and she admitted to officers she had “a lot” to drink.

Henry was unable to walk on her own and kept screaming multiple expletives while police officers escorted her to the patrol car. As she resisted getting into the police car, she yelled “shoot me” and "I didn't do anything wrong" several times at the officers.

In her effort to resist getting into the patrol car, she also tried stiffening her legs against the vehicle’s door so police officers wouldn’t be able to close it.

Officers arrested the disruptive passenger for public intoxication and managed to transport her to Metro Booking.

"Law enforcement officers met Spirit Airlines flight NK222 after arriving in Nashville from Fort Lauderdale and removed a passenger for unruly behavior,” Spirit Airlines said in a statement to WKRN News 2.

“We do not tolerate aggressive behavior of any kind, and this passenger is no longer welcome on any of our flights. Thank you to our Guests who assisted our crew and local law enforcement for their assistance. We will work with the relevant authorities to ensure this individual is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” the airline said.

The flight crew said they did not wish to press charges against Henry for her unruly behavior. Jail records reveal that Henry posted a $100 bond and was released the day after her arrest.

Representational Image Credit: Pixabay