Articles by iTunes
- Apple iPhone 5 Specs: Most Convincing Photo Evidence Yet Showcases Different Features From iPhone 4S [PICTURES, VIDEO]
August 03 2012 11:37 AM
Smartphone supply, component and repair sites like Gotta Be Mobile and iFixyouri have previously posted images and videos of alleged iPhone 5 prototypes, but never did those sites fully compare the new model to the iPhone 4S. On Friday, ETrade Supply posted a highly-detailed photo and video comparison between the iPhone 5 prototype and iPhone 4S components from Apple, which just may be the most convincing photo evidence of the iPhone 5 we have to-date.
- Amazon Launches Video App for Apple iPad, But The App Is Still Not Available On Android Tablets Like Nexus 7
August 02 2012 11:34 AM
This week has been good for Apple users who were presented with several options for watching video on their iPad. After the news of Hulu Plus being available on Apple, Amazon announced that Amazon?s video app will also be available for free download on Apple iTunes. The only other tablet that this app was available on was Kindle Fire and there were expectations that it would be made available on android tablets like Nexus 7.
- Why Apple Cannot Release The iPhone 5 And The iPad Mini On The Same Date
August 01 2012 2:24 PM
If Apple plans to release the iPad Mini to the masses at the same time as the iPhone 5, Apple could run into the biggest crowds in the history of the company. And that's not necessarily a good thing. Assuming Apple unveils the iPhone 5 and the iPad Mini at the same time, will the release dates for both devices be the same?
- Windows 8 Release 'Bad For Indie Games' Minecraft Creator Says, Gabe Newell's 'Catastrophe' Comment Spreads
August 01 2012 12:10 PM
Microsoft's Windows 8 release has created quite a stir in the gaming community. When Valve's Gabe Newell called the new operating system 'a catastrophe,' his comments sparked a wave of criticism across the PC gaming space.
- Olympics 2012: Top 5 Live Streaming Apps, Where To See Photos And Highlights Of The London Games For Free
August 01 2012 8:59 AM
The 2012 Olympic Games are in full swing, running from July 27 through August 12 in London. From swimming, to gymnastics to archery, nations all over the world unite to compete in the most monumental and historical series of sporting events.
- X5 Music Group Relies on SEO Tricks, But Inching Closer to Legitimacy
July 30 2012 3:44 PM
Search engine optimization is often discussed as some sort of sneaky journalism practice, but X5 Music Group is proving that a trick or two comes in handy with music sales as well.
- Aerosmith's New Album To Feature Songs With Johnny Depp, Carrie Underwood And Julian Lennon
July 30 2012 3:04 PM
Aerosmith is set to release their latest studio album "Music From Another Dimension," which will drop on November 5. The band has tapped a number of outside talents to add some unique flavor to its new album.
- ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Season 9 Is ‘Optomistic,’ Season 8 Spoilers To Hold You Over
July 30 2012 9:21 AM
"We're in early conversations and we're pretty optimistic," CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler told reporters about a possible ninth season for the comedy "How I Met Your Mother." Don't go running down to MacLaren's Pub for a celebratory drink, Tassler continued that "we're not there yet."
- File Sharing Blues: Rock And Roll Artists Ask, ‘What’s Wrong With iTunes and Amazon?’
July 28 2012 1:18 PM
As the sales of recorded music plummets with the rise of media piracy, the artist-fan relationship is getting personal.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Could Be Delayed: Report Indicates Qualcomm Chip Shortage [SPECS]
July 26 2012 12:12 PM
The release date for Apple’s upcoming smartphone, believed to be called the iPhone 5, could be delayed due to a supply shortage of chips used in the device, according to a report from China.
- TBS May Tap Comedian Pete Holmes To Follow 'Conan' [VIDEO]
July 25 2012 10:28 PM
Holmes has hosted the comedy podcast "You Made It Weird" and released his first comedy album last year to rave reviews.
- Apple Earnings Release: Can The iPhone 5, iPad Mini Offset A Disappointing Q3 2012?
July 25 2012 5:04 PM
Apple beat its own conservative quarterly estimate, reporting a strong jump in earnings and even sold a record number of iPads in Q3, but across the board, Apple did a rare thing: It missed analysts' estimates. Apple can rebound in Q4 if it decides to release its next iPhone, which many are already calling "iPhone 5," as long as the much-rumored "iPad Mini."
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Date May Coincide With iPad Mini Launch In September 2012 [REPORT]
July 24 2012 4:17 PM
It's long been rumored that the iPad Mini and the new iPhone -- the 5, as many call it -- would launch around the same time -- around the end of September and beginning of October -- but a new report says Apple may release the new iPhone and iPad sooner rather than later.
- Siri Chats Up Martin Scorcese: 30 Celebrities That Need Their Own Apple iPhone Commercials
July 24 2012 11:27 AM
On Monday, Apple released its newest commercial for the iPhone 4S -- the first smartphone to feature Apple's AI assistant -- with Martin Scorcese as the company's latest spokesman. If Apple plans to do more commericals with these Hollywood types, we've got a few great ideas on who should be picked next, and why.
- Apple OS X Mountain Lion Release: A Guide To The 200 New Mac Features
July 23 2012 4:52 PM
It's officially the last week of July, which means that Apple has seven days to release its brand-new operating system for Mac, also known as OS X Mountain Lion. Users that upgrade to Mac OS X Mountain Lion will discover scores of useful features -- more than 200 of them, according to Apple. Here's a guide to the best and most important features in Mountain Lion.
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Game Now Available For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch [VIDEO]
July 20 2012 1:53 AM
With the highly anticipated The Dark Knight Rises, the third installment in Christopher Nolan's Batman film series, hitting the silver screen Friday, a mobile game version inspired by the movie has also landed on the Apple App Store and can be downloaded for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- YouTube Yanks Romney Campaign Ad After Copyright Complaint
July 17 2012 1:00 PM
A Romney spokesperson told the Washington Post that the clip clearly falls under fair use, a provision in intellectual property law that permits limited use of copyrighted material for the purposes of criticism and commentary.
- '50 Shades Of Grey' Breaks 20 Million Sales As Rope, Handcuffs And Music Sales Also Surge
July 16 2012 7:39 PM
The mommy porn book trilogy has taken over the pop culture lexicon in 2012.
- Big Gigantic Talk Camp Bisco 11, Summer 2012 Music Festivals And New Music [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
July 16 2012 4:14 PM
Big Gigantic continued its tour of some of the hottest summer music festival's with a high-energy main-stage performance at this weekend's Camp Bisco 11.
- Rupert Murdoch Puts The Daily On Death Notice: Does iPad Publishing Have A Future?
July 13 2012 3:24 PM
Launched just over a year ago, and touted by the newspaper-loving Murdoch as a savior for print media, The Daily boasts is drowning in estimated losses of $30 million a year.