Articles by Sony
- LulzSec Hacker Cuffed By FBI In Connection To Attack On Sony Pictures
August 29 2012 3:32 PM
A second hacker wanted in connection to LulzSec’s attack on Sony Pictures has been arrested by the FBI according to VentureBeat.
- Will Windows 8’s Release Change The Tablet Industry? Meet Sony’s VAIO Duo, The Hybrid Device Perfect For Microsoft’s OS
August 29 2012 2:58 PM
As the Windows 8 release date draws near, Microsoft’s new operating system is beginning to make more sense. First comes the software made for PCs and tablets, and now comes the devices that fit that mold.
- Eddie Murphy In Talks For ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ TV Show
August 29 2012 11:42 AM
Eddie Murphy is looking to revive the "Beverly Hills Cop" movie franchise with a new television series. The actor has begun shopping the action-comedy series around to the broadcast networks this week.
- Eddie Murphy In ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ TV Show
August 29 2012 10:13 AM
Eddie Murphy will reprise his role as Axel Foley in a "Beverly Hills Cop" spin-off series. "The Shield" creator Shawn Ryan is also attached to the project.
- Asian Markets Mixed As Investors Remain Cautious
August 29 2012 12:17 AM
Asian markets were mixed Wednesday as investors remained watchful waiting for policymakers around the world to announce stimulus measures to boost the faltering global economy.
- Visual-Effects Artists Fear Vengeance If They Voice Support For Unionization
August 28 2012 4:00 PM
Visual effects are now the foremost draw for most big-budget movies, and yet conditions for the workers who create those effects have never been worse. Many VFX artists face punishing schedules, working with no health insurance or benefits to meet the demands of effects-laden motion pictures.
- Microsoft Courting Former OnLive Employees: What Does This Mean For The Next Xbox And Cloud-Based Gaming?
August 25 2012 3:10 PM
According to VentureBeat, Microsoft is courting former OnLive employees now that the game-streaming company has entered a period of restructuring that caused layoffs for multiple employees.
- Exec On 'One Sony': ‘Entering A Big Bad World Where There Are No Rules’
August 24 2012 11:48 AM
Four months after Sony unveiled its "One Sony" concept to recapture its leading role, Sony has finally offered a glimpse into its practical strategies to streamline integration between different hardware products and media platforms.
- 'Uncharted' Movie Latest: Director Neil Burger Departs Project
August 24 2012 11:33 AM
Neil Burger (“Limitless”) is the latest director to leave the troubled “Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune” film adaptation, according to Variety.
- Asian Stocks Decline On Growth Concerns, Fading Fed Stimulus Hopes
August 24 2012 5:02 AM
Asian stock markets declined Friday as hopes for a strong policy action from the U.S. Federal Reserve faded and disappointing economic reports on China and the euro zone revived concerns over the faltering global economy.
- From Willow Smith To Vivienne Jolie-Pitt - Is Nepotism Out Of Control In Hollywood?
August 23 2012 2:09 PM
Walt Disney Studios (NYSE: DIS) confirmed to Us Weekly on Wednesday that Vivienne Jolie-Pitt, the 4-year-old daughter of Hollywood power couple Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, is making her big-screen debut in "Maleficent," a live-action "Sleeping Beauty" reboot that stars her famous mom in the title role.
- Nintendo Explains Their Wii U 'Miiverse' Social Networking Concept
August 23 2012 11:08 AM
According to a lengthy Kotaku article, Nintendo has begun openly discussing its direction with the Miiverse.
- Sony Mobile To Cut 1,000 Jobs, Move Headquarters To Tokyo As Part Of Operational Restructuring
August 23 2012 6:09 AM
Sony Mobile announced Thursday that it would lay off about 15 percent (approximately 1,000 personnel) of its global workforce as part of its global operational restructure. The company also announced that it would move its corporate headquarters from Lund, Sweden, to Tokyo, Japan in October.
- Black Isle, The Company Behind 'Planescape: Torment' And The Original 'Fallout' Making A Comeback
August 22 2012 2:54 PM
Black Isle, the company behind such games as the original post-apocalyptic RPG “Fallout” and “Planescape: Torment” has apparently been revived by Interplay, according to Kotaku.
- Wii U Release Date And Price May Be Announced in September
August 21 2012 2:28 PM
According to Kotaku, Nintendo will be holding a press conference on September 13, 2012 in New York. Kotaku reports that in a press invitation sent to various outlets, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime will be on-hand to discuss "more about how the Wii U will change the future of gaming and entertainment."
- Michael J. Fox Will Play Character With Parkinson's In New Series
August 21 2012 11:53 AM
NBC has won a bidding war for a new single-camera series starring Michael J. Fox. The series is based on Fox's own life.
- Sony Plans To Bolster Playstation Vita Support, Too Little Too Late After Release Date?
August 17 2012 10:47 AM
According to MTV Geek, Sony is planning on supporting its beleaguered Vita handheld gaming device. The device launched back in February of this year and was met with massive sales drops in the following weeks, post-release.
- Sony's Dilemma: New IP, Cheaper Hardware For Longer Product Life Vs. New Products
August 17 2012 6:23 AM
Sony Corp. is doing its best to maintain Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita performance in the lead-up to next year's anticipated launch of its next-generation console by cutting costs and introducing a wide range of new intellectual property for the rapidly aging devices.
- Michael J. Fox Teams Up With 'Arrested Development' Writer For New Sitcom As Networks Start A 'Bidding War'
August 15 2012 5:02 PM
Veteran actor Michael J. Fox appears ready to officially come out of retirement. The "Back to the Future" star has teamed up with "Easy A" director Will Gluck and Sam Laybourne, writer for cult-classic comedies "Arrested Development" and "Cougar Town" to develop a new prime-time comedy to premier in 2013.
- Sony Debuts YouTube App For Playstation 3, Has Remote Control With Smartphones
August 14 2012 3:27 PM
Late in its current-generation life cycle and amidst countless rumors about the upcoming Playstation 4, Sony is finally introducing a native YouTube app to its Playstation 3 gaming console. Is this a sign of Sony's future plans of all-encompassing media integration?