A six-year-old girl suffered brain damage after being electrocuted by an illuminated handrail bordering a fountain at MGM National Harbor Hotel in Oxon Hill, Maryland, according to a lawsuit yet to be filed.

A copy of the suit, to be filed in Prince George’s County, Maryland, was obtained by the New York Post. According to it, Zynae Green received 120 volts of electricity when she touched the railing of a lit-up water fountain at the resort on June 26, around 9 p.m. EST. The amount of electric shock that flowed through her body was 10 times what should have been required to light the handrail.

When Rydricka Rosier, Green’s mother and a security guard tried pulling her away from the railing, both of them were electrocuted too. The child went into immediate cardiac arrest and it did not help that the resort did not have a defibrillator on site.

After being rushed to a nearby hospital, where she receive treatment for anoxic brain damage caused by a lack of oxygen for two months, she was transferred to a medical facility in Baltimore for advanced treatment.

“From what we know medically, she will never recover,” Benedict Morelli, Green’s family lawyer said.

The child currently remains in a partially vegetative state, unable to move her body. Although Green was able to breathe on her own, her body movement was limited to following objects around the room with her eyes.

The lawsuit claimed MGM did a shoddy job as they rushed to open the 23-acre resort in 2016, following the legalization of gambling in the state. It also stated the company had not offered to pay for the child’s treatment – a claim that was denied by MGM.

“The incident at National Harbor was a tragic accident, and we are all heartbroken that Zynae Green and her family continue to suffer,’’ a company rep told the New York Post. “We are committed to continue working with the family’s representative to reach a resolution. In the meantime, we will respond to this lawsuit in the appropriate venue, which is in court.”

MGM also blamed the contractor it had hired to wire the outdoor patio area of the resort — which also included a lit up staircase, in addition to an illuminated fountain — for the horrific incident. 

“MGM Resorts hires licensed, reputable construction and inspection companies to perform work that meets or exceeds state and local building codes,” the statement added. “The findings of faulty wiring contained in a report released by the county shows that the high standards that MGM Resorts expects of those contractors were not upheld, which is very disturbing and disappointing. We do not compromise safety when constructing our facilities.”

Rosier posted a heartbreaking video of her daughter celebrating her birthday in the hospital on Facebook on Sunday. While doctors sang around the six-year-old she was unable to respond to their gesture or even smile.

“Today is my baby’s birthday Thanks to everyone for celebrating but it breaks my heart that she is here and not at home Five months since MGM did this to our family and still no help from them Our Zy Zy is a fighter but she needs help Please continue to pray and share this video We love you all #TeamZynae,” Green’s mother wrote on the post.

Fountain A six-year-old girl suffered brain damage after being electrocuted by an illuminated handrail bordering a fountain at MGM National Harbor Hotel in Oxon Hill, Maryland. In this photo, a general view of the Lumia fountain in front of the Aria Resort & Casino, co-owned by MGM Mirage, at City Center in Las Vegas, Dec. 17, 2009. Photo: Getty Images/ Ethan Miller