The owner of Crumpy's Hot Wings, Donald Crump, strangled a female customer after she complained about cold French fries, media reports said Wednesday. The incident took place at the 671 S. Highland Street, in Memphis, Tennessee, Friday. 

The victim, Rinesha Moore, said after she was served cold fries she got into a verbal altercation with Crump following which the owner walked from behind the counter and strangled her. Crump, however, accused the woman of vandalism, telling police she tossed her food and others’ off the counter and onto the floor, then refused to leave.

Moore told police she placed her order over the phone Friday and went to pick it up 45 minutes later.

“I saw that my food was kinda…. it’s usually smoking but it wasn’t smoking this time, it was kinda dry so I said can I get some fresh fries,” Moore said.

Crump informed her she was late picking up her order.

“He was just like naw being nonchalant like he didn’t care, just bad customer service right off the back,” she added.

Moore informed police she told Crump she wanted a refund for the cold fries but he denied her request following which they got into an argument.

“I was probably a little bit late but they told me 25-35 mins over the phone and usually they don’t have the food ready when I get there, so I gave them just a little extra time,” Moore said, adding she shoved her food over the counter and it fell on the floor. “He (Crump) pushed me into the fishbowl and he did it with his two hands and he literally started choking and strangling me like barely could breathe. He said don’t disrespect my store as he was choking me.”

Moore told CBS-affiliated television station WREG  she went to the hospital Sunday because the pain in her neck was severe.

“If I can’t get any fresh food and you’re not giving me my money back what else could possibly be done and you’re the manager,” Moore said.

Witnesses told police the customer threw the food in the restaurant and Crump choked her. 

Crump, who admitted to strangling the woman, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault. The 61-year-old is currently out of jail on bond.