Eight players were suspended by Major League Baseball on Friday for their parts in a bench and bullpen clearing brawl between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks, according to reports.

Arizona starter Ian Kennedy was served the longest suspension of 10 games after he ignored an umpire's warning and intentionally beaned Dodgers pitcher Zack Greinke in the seventh inning of L.A.’s 5-3 win Tuesday night.

That would be the tipping point for a fight that nearly spilled into the Dodger Stadium stands.

Diamondbacks infielder Eric Hinske received a five-game ban for leaving the dugout and what MLB dubbed “aggressive actions," according to ESPN.

Both Dodgers manager Don Mattingly and Arizona manager Kirk Gibson were issued one-game suspensions.

Dodgers pitcher J.P. Howell and utility man Skip Schumaker were given two-game suspensions, and so was hitting coach Mark McGwire. L.A. reliever Ronald Belisario was suspended one game.

Fines were handed out to every suspended player, as well as newest star Dodger Yasiel Puig, Greinke, and Arizona’s Miguel Montero and Gerardo Parra. The Dodgers were also fined for allowing players listed on the disabled list from stepping on the field.

The seeds for the brawl were first planted in the bottom of the sixth inning when Kennedy hit Puig. In response, Greinke plunked Montero in the top of the seventh, and the benches did clear, but without an incident.

It wasn’t until Kennedy nailed Greinke in the head in the bottom of the seventh that things boiled over. The two clubs formed a massive scrum with players and even coaches pushing and swinging away.

McGwire got into it with Arizona third base coach Matt Williams, while Mattingly and Gibson had to be restrained from each other after a loud exchange of words during the fracas.

Six were ejected from the game, and the league took time to investigate the incident before levying a judgment. The suspensions will take effect starting Friday.

This was the second fight for L.A this season. In April, the Dodgers were involved in a scuffle with the San Diego Padres that resulted in a broken collarbone for Greinke.