A Thai mother was investigated by Bangkok police after a graphic video showed her hanging her baby with a black rope. Getty Images

A Thai mother was investigated by Bangkok police Friday after she hung her baby with a black rope to get back at her husband, The Sun reported Monday. Nareumon Jampasert filmed the assault as a threat to her husband who apparently didn’t answer his phone when she called. The 1-year-old survived the abuse, but Jampasert threatened to kill him next time if her husband didn’t comply with her demands.

In the graphic video, Jampasert, 28, tied the rope around her son Theeradej Saisupan’s neck and lifted him up into the air. She placed him in front of the camera and said, “You see, Joe. You care about people a lot. This is your son. This is a rope.”

The boy screams in pain before she flings him on to the bed, still alive. “Look at it. It’s not dead. I didn’t kill it yet. Look at it. I will take it go to die somewhere. You have to wait to see me today,” she said, as per The Sun. “If you don’t come back to take him you have to wait to see what happens today. You don’t answer my phone, yeah.”

Jampasert sent the video, which was filmed on her phone, to her husband, Jakrit Saisupan, 32. After he received it, he showed it to his mother and sister. They promptly posted it online, for they were afraid Jampasert were hurt the baby.

A spokesperson classified the assault as a “family disagreement.”

As a press conference Saturday, the mother explained she was stressed out because her business wasn’t doing well and she suspected her husband was cheating on her since he was spending a lot of time at work.

Jampasert apologized and spoke through tears at a press conference. “I’m hurting a lot. The first thing I was thinking was that I wanted to kill myself. I did this to the baby because I wasn’t thinking, and I was emotional,” she said. “In my heart I’m thinking my husband does not care about his son, does not care about his wife. I took the baby and I wanted to do something to make my husband hurt. I took the video and sent to him.”

After Saisupan received the video, it was his family members who calmed Jampasert down. “After I spoke with his family it was OK and me and the baby were sleeping,” she said.

The baby did not sustain any injuries from the abuse and Jampasert will not face jail time. “We will not proceed with charges against the mother because if she goes to prison, who will take care of the child?” Lt. Col. Samat Gringaew said, according to The Sun.

Social workers will reportedly check on the family to ensure the child remains safe.

Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella