• A dispute between two brothers in Pakistan resulted in the accidental death of the older brother's wife
  • The woman attempted to save her brother-in-law from getting killed by her husband
  • The husband has been arrested following the incident

A woman in the Pakistani province of Sindh died over the weekend after she attempted to defend her 15-year-old brother-in-law from her husband.

The woman, identified only as Momal, intervened during a domestic dispute between the two brothers in Maroon Kakepoto in Jacobabad district Sunday, local newspaper The News International reported.

Momal's husband, Tanzeem Kakepoto, allegedly tried to kill his younger brother, Tahseen Kakepoto, during the encounter. Momal, however, attempted to intervene and was accidentally struck when Tanzeem fired his weapon at his brother, according to the report.

Tanzeem was arrested following the incident. It was unclear what caused his dispute with his brother and what charges he faces in his wife's death.

Additional details regarding Momal's death — such as the weapon used and her official cause of death — were not disclosed.

A similar incident happened back in May when a 77-year-old man from Fairfield County, Connecticut, claimed he accidentally shot his wife, causing her death.

Albert Kokoth, of New Canaan, was charged with murder for the May 6 death of his 75-year-old wife, Margareth Kokoth. He was previously charged with second-degree assault, second-degree assault with a firearm and illegal discharge of a firearm.

Albert told police he was showing Margareth a shotgun before a trip to a local gun range when he accidentally shot her.

Evidence obtained by police in New Canaan, however, suggested the elderly man fired his shotgun, emptied the cartridges, reloaded and fired again, according to prosecutors. A neighbor also told investigators they heard two shots from the Kokoths' home about 15 minutes apart.

Additionally, the couple's daughter reportedly told her husband that "if they don't do something, they're going to find (Margaret Kokoth) shot dead."

Connecticut's chief medical examiner, Dr. James Gill, ruled Margaret's death a homicide.

Albert waived his right to a hearing on probable cause before Judge John Blawie during a remote hearing he attended on Sept. 21 from the Bridgeport Correctional Center, where he was held on a $2 million bond.

Attorney Mark Sherman, who represented Albert, said he and his client concluded the hearing was "not necessary" after discussing their "anticipated defense strategy."

"While the HPC (hearing on probable cause) is valuable in many Connecticut murder cases, it would not be beneficial in this case and would only exacerbate an already tragic family situation," Sherman said in a statement after the hearing.

Representation. Police have arrested a man in Pakistan after he allegedly killed his wife by accident during a dispute between him and his younger brother. Pixabay