On Monday, Krystal Lee appeared in court and learned that her official sentencing will take place next month. In November, Lee took the stand during Patrick Frazee's murder trial and described what she says took place on Thanksgiving Day 2018. Following her testimony, she was charged with tampering with evidence pertaining to her involvement in Kelsey Berreth's murder.

According to the Gazette, a judge stated that Lee will be sentenced on Jan. 28. At that time, Teller County District Judge Scott Sells will decide what punishment Lee will be given, which could range anywhere from probation to up to three years in prison.

Due to the fact that Lee assisted the prosecution in providing a firsthand account of what she says happened to Berreth, which included a walkthrough of Berreth's townhome, her attorney stated in court on Monday that she intends to argue against any penalty in the aggravated range.

During Frazee's trial, Lee took the stand for four hours and gave a detailed account of the events that had transpired. Per her testimony, on Thanksgiving 2018, Frazee sent her a text that informed her that she had a "mess to clean up."

After arriving at Berreth's townhome, she revealed that she had cleaned up the murder scene and proceeded to burn her body and belongings on Frazee's property. Later, Lee would also tell law enforcement that she believed that Frazee's mom, Sheila Frazee, had been present during the incineration. Following the cover-up, she then took several of Berreth's items, including her cell phone, back to Idaho, which is where she was living at the time.

Previously, Lee faced scrutiny regarding the fact that she did not come forward sooner regarding the information she had about Berreth's murder. Earlier this year, Lee's best friend, Michelle Stein, discussed this criticism in an episode of "48 Hours."

"He did a lot of threatening. He threatened Krystal a lot. He threatened Krystal's daughter," Stein said, adding, "... He did say, 'Little girls come up missing all the time.'" She additionally shared that at that time Lee had had a "legitimate fear for her life."

For his part, Frazee was found guilty of first-degree murder, three counts of solicitation to commit murder, and tampering with a deceased human body. He was subsequently sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole plus 156 years after being convicted on all counts.

crime scene
This is a representational image showing a crime scene tape in Sunset Valley, Texas, on March 20, 2018. Getty Images/Scott Olson