crime tape
A 29-year-old Colorado mother who went missing around Thanksgiving day is presumed dead and her fiancé has now been charged. This is a representational image of a police car behind police tape blocking a street leading to the Jacksonville Landing area in downtown Jacksonville, Florida, Aug. 26, 2018. Getty Images/Gianrigo Marletta

As authorities try to find the body of the missing Colorado mom, who is now presumed dead, new details emerged about the murder plot. Speaking to local media KMVT, a couple who called the FBI with important information regarding Kelsey Berreth's disappearance, explained how they learned of the "plot" to kill her.

Joe and Patty Rockstahl, owners of Rockstahl Law Offices, told KMVT that in October 2018, one of their employees told them about her best friend telling her that "a man had asked her [friend of employee] to kill the mother of his child."

It is believed that the friend of the employee is Krytsal Lee, the alleged mistress of Berreth's fiance Patrick Frazee, Daily Mail reported.

Berreth was last seen on Thanksgiving Day with her daughter at a Safeway in Woodland Park. Three days after Thanksgiving, Berreth’s cell phone pinged near Gooding, Idaho, just 40 miles from Twin Falls. Police believe the woman was murdered at her Woodland Park home.

After days of investigation, police arrested her fiance Frazee and charged him in Berreth's murder even though her body is yet to be found. Frazee faces five counts of murder relating to her death, including two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of solicitation to commit first-degree murder.

According to the Rockstahls, their employee's friend Krystal told her "to forget the whole thing" about her disclosing about the murder plot. The couple said they felt they didn't have enough information at the time to report anything to police.

It was only when they saw Berreth's mother's plea to find her daughter on national television that they began to connect the dots with the information they had.

"I think [it was] the mother had the courage and go on TV when her daughter was missing, saying that someone knew where she was," Patty told KMVT. "At that point in my mind I thought that Patrick, and that was the only name I had heard him called, I didn't know his last name, had done something to her daughter and he knew where she was at."

Within four days of making the call to the FBI, Frazee was arrested.

As police continue the investigation into the case, they took an unidentified 32-year-old nurse from Idaho in custody. Police believed the woman may have disposed of a cell phone that belonged to Berreth. The Daily Mail reported that the nurse likely had a romantic relationship with Frazee.

Last week, Berreth's family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Frazee. In the complaint, they wrote that Frazee "enacted physical, mental, and emotional acts of violence upon Kelsey Berreth prior to her death." It also states that "when Frazee acted as either the perpetrator or accessory to the murder of Kelsey Berreth, Frazee breached the duty of care with which a reasonable person should conduct himself toward another human being."

The Berreths, who currently have temporary custody of Kelsey's daughter from Frazee, are demanding a jury trial to determine and provide "compensatory and general damages, and interest from the date of Kelsey Berreth’s death as provided by law."