A CCTV camera footage showed a nanny in Taiwan allegedly suffocating an infant to death at a daycare center.

The video of the incident, which took place Monday, at a daycare center called We Care Baby in the district of Neihu was obtained by Mail Online. In the short clip, a daycare worker, identified only as Liao, was seen hugging one of the infants at the center during nap time. The 11-month-old child, identified by his surname Lee, was seen struggling to free himself from the nanny’s tight grasp.

A while later, Liao was seen tending to other babies in the room, not realizing that Lee had stopped breathing and was lying still. Another worker at the center, named Wu, later picked up Lee and tried to wake him up. Upon realizing that the child was motionless, Wu was seen administering CPR to the infant.

When Wu was unable to resuscitate the infant, emergency services were alerted at 2:10 p.m. local time (2:10 a.m. EDT). The infant was rushed to the Tri-Service General Hospital, where he was declared dead at 3.30 p.m. local time (3:30 a.m. EDT).  Paramedics said the infant’s vital signs had dropped beyond the point of detection while being transferred.

Liao was detained on manslaughter charges, according to Taiwan's Shilin District Prosecutors Office. She was later released on 30,000 Taiwanese Dollars ($973) bail. The accused denied allegations of deliberately suffocating the baby, telling the authorities that she was simply trying to put the infant to sleep. She added she did not feel it was necessary to check on the baby when it stopped moving because she thought Lee was sleeping.

In March, Lynn Wojton from Manhattan, New York, sued her nanny, Marcia Chase-Marshall, after she discovered that the latter had been secretly feeding her infant daughter baby formula without her knowledge. Part of the accused’s job was to alert Wojton and assist her in feeding the baby. However, the nanny, who used to sleep in the same room as the infant, allegedly took the easier way out because she wanted to sleep longer.

Left Wojton, 37, who was determined to breastfeed her child, very distraught. “I was very upset,” Wojton, told New York Post. “This is not what I wanted — this is not what I want — for my baby. I cried for an hour, honestly.”

In another instance, 73-year-old Oluremi Adeleye, who worked as a nanny in Maryland, was convicted in February for fatally force-feeding eight-month-old Enita Salubi because the crying child disturbed her sleep. She was found guilty of child abuse and second-degree murder, following a nanny cam footage showed her pouring nearly eight ounces of milk down Salubi's throat in half a minute, ABC News reported.