A woman was airlifted to a hospital after she was bitten by a snake on the front porch of her home in Tennessee on Monday.

Speaking to FOX 17 News, Dessa Goodlett said she stepped outside her home to have a smoke when she was attacked. Goodlett said she dropped her lighter and when she bent down to pick it up, the snake “came out of nowhere” and bit her. She was airlifted to Vanderbilt University Medical Center after she had an allergic reaction and was found in "respiratory distress."

Doctors, however, said the woman was stable as it was a "dry bite," meaning there was no chance of permanent damage as there was not enough snake venom in her system. The woman has since been discharged from the hospital. Though the snake’s type was not known, officials believe it could’ve been either a Copperhead or juvenile Cottonmouth.

In a similar incident in Franklin, Tennessee, in May, a man was bitten by a rattlesnake while doing some yard work.

“I was going up to the woods behind my house and it was me and my buddy picking up some metal and we heard like faint rattle but it was over far away so we talked about it and thought it was a little bug and then reached down and something bit me on the finger. I lifted my finger up and there were two holes where a snake had bit me,” Austin McGee had said, adding that he was rushed to a hospital where doctors removed the venom. His finger, however, kept “getting bigger and bigger” and doctors said it will be back to normal in a few months.

This is a picture of a boa constrictor at the El Salvador National Zoo in San Salvador, June 15, 2017. Getty Images/Oscar Rivera