A woman was crushed by two cars last night near Hyde Park Corner after an altercation with a driver of a blue Evoque.

Footage of the incident shows the woman stooped over and wedged between a Mercedes and a Range Rover Evoque, all the while screaming for assistance. It happened after she got out of her vehicle and became involved in a blazing row with the Range Rover driver.

The driver who hit the woman accelerated and hit her while trying to escape. In the process, the driver pried her to a Mercedes, which also hit a bus. Eyewitness reports said that he did not attempt to free the woman. It was someone else who got in and reversed the car to free her.

The Range Rover could be seen reversing and freeing the women, though it is not yet clear whether a bystander or a police officer moved it.

A witness, Deepak Anand, told media outlets that the blue Range Rover accelerated into oncoming traffic and crashed into the black Mercedes which lodged into the bus. When the Range Rover reversed, the victim fell to the ground and remained there until an ambulance arrived.

Police on patrol nearby arrived at the scene and tasered the 23-year-old driver of the Range Rover while he tried to flee. The witness, clearly traumatized, was with his wife and seven-year-old son. He remarked, “I don’t know why anyone would try to run in a situation like that. Police were there very quickly.”

A taxi driver, a few vehicles behind, said it was absolute chaos. At first, he thought the driver of the Range Rover and the Mercedes driver were exchanging insurance details, but then things escalated swiftly. He reiterated there were a lot of screams and banging and his passengers at the back pointed to the woman on the ground. She appeared to be in tremendous pain.

He is currently being questioned on suspicion of driving while disqualified and causing grievous bodily harm. Witnesses claimed the suspect was in a rage as he was taken into custody.

Scotland Yard released a statement saying the woman suffered life-changing injuries and was taken to Central London hospital. The minicab driver who also claimed not to be feeling well was also taken to hospital.

The police also confirmed no injuries on the bus after it was rammed.

The arrested man did not appear to require any medical assistance and was taken into police custody. The man is still in custody at the central London police station.

London Pixabay