• A 35-year-old mother in Virginia admitted Monday to fatally stabbing her infant son and injuring her young daughter
  • She warned her fiancé the house would be "bloody" when he returns home
  • No motive has been released, and the case has been turned over to the city's commonwealth's attorney

A 35-year-old mother from Newport News, Virginia, who admitted to fatally stabbing her infant son and injuring her young daughter late Monday warned her fiancé of the attack in advance, documents showed.

Police arrested Sarah Ganoe for fatally stabbing her 10-month old son, Zell Howard, and injuring her unnamed 8-year-old daughter in their home in the 300 block of Hilltop Drive, WTKR reported. She was charged Tuesday with one count each of second-degree murder and malicious wounding, as well as two counts each of felony child abuse and stabbing in commission of a felony.

Zell's father, John Howard, received a text from Ganoe while he was at work telling him "not to be sad, but the house would be bloody when he got home," the outlet reported, citing an obtained police affidavit.

John drove back home after receiving Ganoe's message and contacted authorities. According to the complaint, he "observed a large amount of blood in numerous bedrooms" and found Ganoe and the children lying on the bed in the master bedroom.

Authorities arrived at approximately 9:30 p.m. and pronounced Zell dead 15 minutes later. Police said he had multiple stab wounds to his chest and evisceration to his abdomen.

The young daughter was transported to Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters with life-threatening stab wounds. According to the document, she had at least 50 stab wounds all throughout her body and had evisceration to her abdomen. An update from the hospital said she came out of surgery and is "critical but stable."

Ganoe, who was observed to have suffered superficial stab wounds, was taken into custody by authorities and transported to Riverside Regional Medical Center for treatment. After being medically cleared, she was transported to Newport Police Headquarters, where she admitted to stabbing her two children.

According to the complaint, Ganoe had bruising to her right hand and arm, which she said was caused by "hammering" the knife during the stabbings. She also had a bite mark on her right forearm that she claimed she received from her daughter who was attempting to get free from her.

Authorities have not released any motive for the attack. Police told WTKR the case has been turned over to the city's commonwealth's attorney.

Ganoe was arraigned on her charges Wednesday, WAVY reported. She is scheduled to appear before court again on May 20.

Representation. Ganoe's 8-year-old daughter was transported to a hospital with at least 50 stab wounds. Pixabay