A 63-year-old worker at a New Jersey food processing plant was found dead inside a kettle cooker in what is believed to be a tragic workplace accident.

New Jersey State Troopers were informed of an unconscious man inside the industrial device at the Lassonde Pappas and Co. plant in Bridgeton, according to NBC News. The employee, Dale R. Devilli from Millville, was pronounced dead at the scene after he was found at around 8 a.m. Monday.

Investigators believe it was a workplace accident and suspect no foul play. However, Devilli's death continues to be investigated.

Details about what led to the grim discovery of Devilli inside the machine were not revealed.

"Early Monday morning, an accident that caused a fatal injury to one of our employees occurred at our facility in Seabrook, New Jersey," Lassonde spokesperson Alexander Roberton said in a statement to New Jersey 101.5 on Wednesday.

"We are devastated by the loss of our friend and colleague and our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this difficult time," the statement continued.

Lassonde Industries Inc. is known for making fruit and vegetable juices in addition to other beverages. The workplace accident that killed Devilli at the company's Bridgeton facility is also being investigated by U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

During his time at the company, Devilli "hardly ever missed a day of work and took pride in his job," the obituary said. Devilli is survived by a wife and two daughters.

"He adored his wife, Allison, to whom he was married for 28 years," the obituary stated. "Their wedding took place in Disney World, which would later become a regular travel destination for their family and be a reminder of that magical day in 1994."

"Although Dale had many joys in life, none could compete with the love he had for his wife and two girls. He worked endlessly to give his daughters a blessed life," the obituary added.

In an unrelated incident of an accident in a factory reported in June, two people fell into a tank full of chocolate at a Mars M&M factory in Pennsylvania. While there were no serious injuries, the two were unable to get themselves out and were rescued by cutting out a hole from the side of the tank. Both received medical attention from a nearby hospital following the incident.

Representational image
Representational image (Source: Pixabay / vivi14216)