Representational image of a handcuff. Pixabay


  • Donny Jackson was arrested Saturday near Erick, Oklahoma 
  • The 40-year-old is the prime suspect for the deaths of his two sons 
  • Jackson's arrest came after a truck driver identified his vehicle from Amber Alerts issued by authorities
  • The Alerts were issued following the disappearance of his two daughters

The 40-year-old man who was accused of killing his two sons and abducting his two daughters was arrested near the Oklahoma border over the weekend.

Leavenworth native Donny Jackson was taken into custody late Saturday when a truck driver identified his vehicle after authorities raised Amber Alerts hours prior. Jackson was driving his black 2008 Honda Accord westbound at mile marker 7 when he was spotted, said the Oklahoma Highway Patrol in a Facebook post.

Jackson was trailed by a Port Entry officer, who later instructed him to exit the vehicle. Jackson did and was later arrested near Erick, Oklahoma. His two daughters, Nora, 7, and Aven, 3, were rescued.

police line
Representation image of a crime scene. Gerd Altmann/ Pixabay

“His 2 children that were with him are safe,” the social media post added.

The Amber Alerts, which were issued in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas, were raised after a relative discovered the dead bodies of Jackson’s sons, Logan, 14, and Austin, 11, inside their Leavenworth home.

Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Department Major James Sherley said in a press briefing that Jackson was the prime suspect in the killing, said the New York Daily Post.

Before the bodies were found, Jackson was stopped by Kansas Highway Patrol for an unrelated traffic stop 45 minutes before the 911 was received. The trooper told KTUL that they saw the girls were inside the vehicle.

One of the children was supposed to be at a soccer game Saturday. When they didn’t show, the family member decided to check on the home and discovered the gruesome scene, the outlet added.

Court records claim that Jackson was in the middle of “divorce proceedings” with his wife, Tara. He began representing himself when his attorney withdrew as legal counsel last month, said The Kansas City Star.

A GoFundMe account was created by family friend Marissa Clausen to support Tara and help with funeral expenses.

“Tara is now faced with the overwhelming task of paying for a funeral for her two sons. She will also face many other unknowns in the future,” wrote the fundraising post.

Sherley said the sheriff’s office previously “had dealings” with Jackson and that there “had been some back and forth with family.”

No charges had been filed against Jackson as of early Sunday, said The Star.