Fans of “Dancing With the Stars” were able to celebrate when they learned that the show was renewed for a 29th season by ABC. However, a lot of uncertainty still surrounds the show due to the coronavirus pandemic.

There are several factors still at play when it comes to the new season of the show and its ability to air, as well as the kind of cast it could potentially have. While very little has been confirmed so far, here’s everything we do know about what might happen.

Potential Cast

Should things be allowed to resume in a somewhat traditional format with the celebrities who participate, several names have been floated when it comes to the people who might take a turn on the dance floor.

While Meghan Markle, who judge Bruno Tonioli expressed interest in getting on the show, remains a likely longshot, “Forever Home” host Jonathan Scott has expressed interest in potentially doing the show to show up his twin brother Drew Scott, who competed in Season 25. As for other people who ABC themselves have reportedly approached are Charlie Sheen, Ryan Shazier and Christie Brinkley.

As for confirmed cast members, ABC announced on Monday that Kaitlyn Bristowe, a past lead on "The Bachelorette," will star in Season 29.

Potentially No Live Audience

While what precautions are going to be taken for the show to start taping remain unclear, some of the show’s pros have spoken out with ideas of what could be done. Ideas have included a virtual season, a delayed season and most likely, no live audience, as long as the show could find a way to capture the same aura.

“If you can recreate the sense of excitement, I’m sure it’s possible,” Tonioli said.

Tom Bergeron Has Stated Nothing Is Certain

Back in May, longtime host Tom Bergeron revealed on Instagram that while the show was renewed for Season 29, all of the logistics still needed to be figured out for how the show could exist in a world where the COVID-19 Pandemic is still a threat. He even hinted that the show could wind up being delayed entirely if there was no way to figure out how to do the show safely.

Lindsay Will Be Sitting This Season Out

One pro who will definitely not be coming back should the season air this Fall is Lindsay Arnold. The Season 25 champ revealed in May that she and her husband, Samuel Cusick, were expecting their first child together and that the baby was due in November, would which mean she would be in the final trimester while filming.

Len Goodman Could Be Forced To Sit Things Out

Shockingly, one of the judges may also be forced to sit the season out due to Coronavirus. While Carrie Ann Inaba and Tonioli are both based in Los Angeles, head judge Len Goodman is not, and recently revealed to The Sun that because of flying restrictions into the US, he may not be able to return for a new season even though he enjoys coming over to film each year.

“I like going over there because it’s ten weeks of being in the sun and I only work one day a week,” he said. “But of course, there’s this lockdown thing at the moment with only Americans being able to fly in to America or if you’ve got a green card. I haven’t got either of those so who knows. It might all come good but if it doesn’t, it doesn’t.”

Dancing With the Stars “Dancing With the Stars” judges Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli are pictured during Season 28. Photo: ABC/Eric McCandless