A 24-year-old Russian woman died after falling into a vat of molten chocolate.
Melted chocolate is seen at "La Manufacture de chocolat" chocolate workshop in Paris, Feb. 19, 2013. REUTERS/Charles Platiau

A woman died after falling into a large vat of molten chocolate in Russia, Metro reported Wednesday. Svetlana Roslina, 24, was reportedly crushed to death while trying to get out of the industrial mixer, which had been stirring chocolate at the Sergiev-Posad confectionery factory in Fedortsovo, just a few miles north of Moscow.

Witnesses at the factory during the time of Roslina’s death had varying accounts of how she fell into the vat. Some sources told Metro that Roslina fell while she was emptying ingredients into the mixer. However, another witness said Roslina was trying to retrieve her cellphone, which had allegedly fallen into the chocolate vat.

Roslina, who shared two children with her husband, was trapped in the vat and pulled into the mixer by the plant’s machinery, which inevitably killed her. One witness told Metro that Roslina “was minced, only her legs were left.”

Police were investigating the accident. It was not immediately clear when the incident took place.

In the United States, about 150 workers are killed on the job each day, according to a recent AFL-CIO report. More than 4,800 people were killed from work-related accidents in 2014, the report found. About 50,000 people died from occupational diseases, as well. Although the report said the construction industry had the most work-related deaths in 2014, fatality rates were on the rise in the agriculture and food industry.

In 2015, two Bumble Bee Foods managers were charged for violating safety regulations after a man was cooked with 12,000 pounds of tuna in Los Angeles. Jose Melena was working on a 35-foot oven at the company’s Santa Fe Springs facility when a co-worker mistakenly filled the pressure cooker with tuna and turned the oven on. The 62-year-old man’s body was r eportedly found two hours later after the pressure cooker, which was set at 270 degrees, was turned off and opened.