• The woman's ex-husband was already at the soccer tournament
  • The suspect called a relative of his and threatened to kill himself
  • Police found revolver allegedly used in double homicide beside accused's body

A pregnant woman and her boyfriend were allegedly gunned down at a soccer tournament by her ex-husband, who later died by suicide in Texas, authorities said.

On Sunday, at around 10:15 a.m., a pregnant woman and her boyfriend were allegedly shot down by the woman's ex-husband in the parking lot of a park in Harris County, northeast of Houston. The couple was heading towards the soccer tournament to watch the woman’s son play, said authorities.

According to witnesses, the ex-husband was already at the tournament, watching their son play, when the woman and her boyfriend arrived. The man then went to confront them, reported ABC News.

"The ex-husband walked up to them and shot both of them multiple times with a silver revolver. The ex-husband then walked to his vehicle and drove away," the sheriff's office statement read.

The boyfriend was pronounced dead at the scene and the woman was taken to Houston Northwest Medical Center. She and her unborn child were both pronounced dead later, said the police.

"I was on the bench. I was watching the game. I heard the first gunshot," said Angel Guerrero, one of the players who witnessed the shooting, to KPRC-TV.

"I looked around to see what was happening. I thought a car had crashed or a wheel exploded or something like that. I saw the guy pick up the gun and started shooting both the woman and the man."

According to Sgt. Ben Beall of the sheriff's office, relatives of the pregnant woman told the police the suspect shooter was the victim’s ex-husband.

A relative of the alleged shooter also called the investigators to inform the suspect had called them and threatened to take his own life.

With the help of the relative, police were able to pin down the home of the accused within the city limits of Houston, where they went to check on the man. After the deputies arrived at the scene, they found a man lying dead behind the trailer from a self-inflicted gunshot wound on his head. Police believed him to be the accused.

A silver revolver matching the weapon description used in the double homicide was found lying by the man’s body. "The pistol lying next to him matches the pistol we had over here," said Sgt. Beall to KTRK-TV.

Police did not publicly identify the names of the victims and the gunman.

Crime scene police line | Representational Image
Crime scene police line | Representational Image GETTY IMAGES / SCOTT OLSON