Kid Cudi, a.k.a. Scott Mescudi, took to his blog after watching a pair of YouTube videos made by Ben Breedlove, an 18-year-old boy, who had battled heart disease his entire life and recorded the videos just one week before his death on Christmas Day. His funeral was held on Thursday.

I am so sad about Ben Breedlove, Cudi wrote in his official blog. I watched the video he left for the world to see, and him seeing me in detail, in his vision really warmed my heart. I broke down, I am to tears because I hate how life is so unfair. This has really touched my heart in a way I can't describe, this is why I do what I do. Why I write my life, and why I love you all so much. Life is really f--ked up sometimes, but I know Ben is at Peace, and I hope he gets a chance to sit and talk with my Dad.

The now-viral videos made by Breedlove, who was a senior at Westlake High School in Austin, Texas, described how he cheated death three times in the course of his life in his struggles with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, a condition where the heart muscle tissue thickens and makes it hard to pump properly. The two-part message was completely silent, save for a soft piano version of Mad World by Gary Jules. Breedlove delivered his message in the form of cue cards.

Breedlove finally succumbed to his disease on Christmas Day. He died from a heart attack.

We love you Ben. Forever, Cudi said. Thank you for loving me. To Ben's family, you raised a real hero, he's definitely mine. You have my love.

Breedlove's funeral service was held on Thursday at the Gateway Church in Austin, and was streamed online at the request of his family.

We knew a lot of people loved Ben, but we had no idea how many people he was able to reach, said Ally Breedlove, Ben's 19-year-old sister.

More than 1,500 people attended Breedlove's funeral at the Gateway Church, and thousands more attended online. His parents, Shawn and Deanne Breedlove, wrote a glowing tribute to Ben in his obituary.

The world has come to know our Ben, it said. He was a genius at using the Internet to reach and influence his peers. Through his brilliance with maneuvering the capabilities of YouTube, Ben has left a message for his generation. In the weeks prior to his death, he had faced some scary situations with his health, but had been given an amazing gift that he was determined to share; first with us, his family, and then, not surprisingly (and generously) with his YouTube audience.

Amanda Sample, a freshman at Lake Travis High School, did not know Breedlove but his videos had put her at peace.

I liked how he wasn't afraid to die, Sample said. It made me feel comfortable, like it's going to be OK.

Glynn Sullivan, who knew Breedlove since they were both freshmen at Westlake, had appeared in other YouTube videos made by Breedlove.

I don't have any memories of that kid without him having a smile on his face, Sullivan said. As kids we think we're invincible, especially in high school, but Ben showed us we're not. I've never been a person of faith, but he reassured me that there is something more out there.

The following is the FULL TEXT from Breedlove's two-part video message, courtesy of YouTube. The original videos are embedded at the bottom of the page.

Hello, I'm Ben Breedlove. All my life, I've had a heart condition (HCM), short for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. It is a very serious and dangerous condition. As I grew older I learned more that it is dangerous. It has scared me a lot and I hate that feeling. I was never allowed to play all of the sports that my friends did. It kinda sucks that I missed out on that part of my life. I really just hoped that I could be the same as everyone else. But that is one thing that i have learned to live without and accept.

The first time I cheated death was when I was four. I had a life threatening seizure, scary right? My blood sugar dropped to 14. I don't remember too much front hat day. IExcept one thing that I will never forget. I was being wheeled down this hall on a stretcher. The two nurses that were pushing it, and my mom was running alongside. There was this big bright light above me... I couldn't make out what it was because it was SO bright. I told my mom, 'Look at the bright light!' and pointed up. She said she didn't see anything. There were no lights on in this hall. I couldn't take my eyes off it. And I couldn't help but smile. I had no worries at all, like nothing else mattered in the world. And kept smiling... I can't even describe the peace, how peaceful it was. I will NEVER forget that feeling or that day.

After that, things were good for a few years :) Until around 2007 when my heart gave me trouble again. Doctors decided we needed to do something about it. May 3, 2009, I had surgery to implant a defibrillator/pacemaker. (He then shows his scar above his heart) That was a big deal for me, but I had no choice. At that moment is when my heart problem gave me a bigger burden. I was pretty sad. Summer of 2011, second time I cheated death. Went into surgery for my tonsils. An everyday normal surgery for doctors to perform. My mom and sis were waiting in the waiting room, and a chaplain walked in and said, We need to pray. Your son just went into cardiac arrest and they are trying to shock him back. It was a miracle they brought me back. I was scared to die, but I am SO glad I didn't. After this I tried so hard to forget about it and not worry.

About 2 weeks ago, December 6, 2011 was the third time I cheated death. I was at school walking in the hall. I could tell I was going to faint, so I sat on a bench. I passed out. The next thing I know, I woke up with EMS around me. I couldn't talk or move, I could only watch what they were doing. They put the shock pads on my chest. I heard one of them say, 'They are ready.' And the other guy said Go! I passed out again. My heart stopped and I wasn't breathing for 3 MINUTES. When people's bodies die the brain still works for a short time. I heard them say, 'He's not breathing his heart is stopped and he has no pulse.' I really thought to myself, this is it. I'm dying.

The next thing that happened, I'm not sure if it was a dream or a vision. But while I was still unconscious, I was in this white room. No walls, it just went on and on... There was no sound. But that same peaceful feeling I had when I was 4. I was wearing a really nice suit, and so was my fav rapper, Kid Cudi. Why he was the only the only one there with me, I'm still trying to figure out. But I was looking at myself in the mirror that was in front of me. The first thing I thought was, 'Damn, we look GOOD!' I had that same feeling, I couldn't stop smiling. I then looked at myself in the mirror, I was proud of MYSELF, of my entire life, everything I have done. It was THE BEST feeling. Kid Cudi brought me to a glass desk and put his hand on my shoulder. Right then, my favorite song of his came on, Mr. Rager. The part where it said, 'Where will the fantasy END, when will heaven BEGIN?' And he said, Go now. Right then, I woke up and the EMS were doing CPR.

I didn't want to leave that place. I wish I NEVER woke up.

Do you believe in Angels or God? I do.