UPDATE: 2.17 a.m. EDT — According to a reporter for a local news outlet, the chief of Ellensburg Police confirmed the suspect in the police shooting in Kittitas County, Washington, had also died. The police haven’t confirmed the identities of the suspect and the two officers.

UPDATE: 1:31 a.m. EDT — A statement posted by the Kittitas County Sheriff office on its Facebook page said one of the officers — a deputy — involved in the shooting at Kittitas County, Washington, “was pronounced dead at Kittitas Valley Hospital.”

The other officer who was injured, as well as the suspect who was shot, were taken to a local hospital. Earlier reports had suggested the suspected had died, but he was alive and under detention in the hospital.

The incident began as a chase Tuesday evening when deputies tried to stop a vehicle. The suspect fled, leading to a chase that ended with the suspect driving into a dead-end street. At that point, he got out of his car and fired shots at the officer, forcing them to respond.

Original story:

Two police officers and one suspect were shot during a high speed chase in Kittitas County, Washington.

One of the officers was shot in the chest and the other was shot in an extremity, while the suspect was shot in the head. Local police said there was no threat of an active shooter.

According to NW Fire Blog's Twitter page, the suspect was taken to Kittitas Valley Healthcare Center and the two officers from the King County Sheriff’s Office were supposed to be airlifted to Harborview Medical Center. But the officers were also taken to KVH where the suspect was pronounced dead. Though one of the officers was wounded critically, both of them were expected to survive. A Twitter user said the officers were initially given medical care at the scene of the incident before being taken to the hospital.

The Kittitas County Sheriff’s Office took to Twitter to inform people that several law enforcement agencies were on the scene of the shooting and confirmed that there were no other suspects still on the loose.

The names of both the police officers and the suspect were not revealed. Police also did not reveal what exactly led to the chase and the shooting. According to someone listening to the police scanner, the suspect went into a dead-end road after the chase began, possibly leading to the shoot-out.

police This image shows police officers after a shooting at Seattle Pacific University in Seattle on June 5, 2014. Photo: Mat Hayward/Getty Images

This is a developing story.