• Police released an image of the suspect Tuesday
  • The man was facing an aggravated assault charge
  • Police asked employees not to confront upset customers

A customer at a Dunkin' Donuts store in Georgia allegedly stabbed a teenage employee following an argument over the unavailability of a specific kind of donut.

The incident occurred over the weekend at the Dunkin’ Donuts outlet in Jonesboro Road in Union City. The man fled the scene after the assault, which prompted a police search.

The Union City Police Department on Tuesday released an image of the unidentified suspect, who is facing an aggravated assault charge in connection with the stabbing, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

The publication reported, citing the incident report, that the unidentified 17-year-old female victim told cops the suspect pulled up to the drive-thru window in a red Audi before 6 p.m. ET, and reportedly flew into a rage "due to him not being able to get what he wanted."

The report stated the man came back to the restaurant looking for the teen employee and confronted her. The altercation turned physical, during which the suspect drew a knife and stabbed the victim in her upper arm.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that police found the teen lying on the floor with a cut on her left arm, but declined to be taken to the hospital.

A Union City Police Department officer, Jerome Turner, told Fox 5 employees should avoid confronting upset customers and let cops handle the situation.

"We deal with them every day. Allow us to come and address the customer and utilize our training and allow us to deescalate the situation so that it doesn't happen like it did here," said Turner.

A video documenting the violent assault was posted on Instagram. In the video, the man can be seen threatening the victim with a knife while shouting expletives as the victim says "Don’t touch me," and tries to push him away.

Another woman can be heard in the video saying "stop!" as the employee and the man continue to fight. The description of the video seems to imply that the victim, who goes by @stuckon.Kiah on Instagram, is currently recovering.

Representational image pixabay