A partially wrapped body of an unidentified man was found on the rooftop of a McDonald’s outlet in Bronx, New York, early Wednesday, July 15.

The gruesome discovery was made by a maintenance worker just before 6 a.m. at the fast-food joint near Morris Avenue in Melrose. The person, on recovering the body, informed the police.

Responding to the 911 call the authorities found a man unresponsive and wrapped in a plastic bag with a U-Haul blanket lying over him. The victim's feet were sticking out, according to the New York Daily News. The man, whose identity has not been revealed, was pronounced dead at the scene. The remains were removed and sent for autopsy.

NBC New York reports that residents in the neighborhood felt a strong, foul stench in the air. One person reported that they could smell it as they passed by the restaurant around 9 p.m. on Tuesday.

"This is sad this is happening aside from all the bad things already happening, we should be helping each other not killing each other," Madeline Cancel, a customer who came for a bite at the restaurant told ABC news when she learned about the incident.

Adding to the long list of questions still unanswered, it is still unclear as to how the person got onto the rooftop. The cause of death is also unknown at this point in time.

Further details are awaited and will be revealed once the autopsy results are out.

"We are saddened by this unfortunate situation. We have provided surveillance footage to law enforcement and are fully cooperating with their ongoing investigation," the outlet said in a statement, as per NBC News.

McDonalds Representational image showing a McDonald's sign. Photo: Tim Boyle/Getty Images

The incident unfolds less than a day after the grisly discovery of a dismembered and decapitated body of a millionaire tech entrepreneur was made inside his apartment in New York City on Tuesday, July 14. The headless body of 33-year-old Fahim Saleh was found with arms and legs severed from below the knee. According to sources from the police force, the crime scene showed all signs of a "professional" killing.