• Pushkar Sharma allegedly punched, choked and sexually assaulted his mother
  • The incident happened on May 8 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:40 a.m.
  • He is currently facing murder and sexual abuse charges

A man from Queens has been accused of fatally beating and sexually abusing his 65-year-old mother.

Pushkar Sharma, 28, allegedly attacked his mother Soraj Sharma by punching, choking and sexually assaulting her until she passed out Saturday.

The alleged incident happened on May 8 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:40 a.m. when Pushkar approached the victim from behind and choked her by placing his hands around her throat. He allegedly punched her in the face multiple times and strangled her. Pushkar then started to sexually abuse his mother and continued to strangle her until she lost her consciousness, District Attorney Melinda Katz said in a news release.

After the incident, Sharma went to his room, took out his wallet and keys and walked to the police station where he reportedly confessed to the crime.

According to a report from NY Daily News, Sharma told the police that he had "an uncontrollable urge to hurt someone" when he awoke the morning prior to Mother's Day.

Meanwhile, emergency officers tried to save Soraj after responding to a 911 call made by her daughter who found her unconscious in the basement, reported CBS New York.

Soraj was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead.

"What should have been a celebration of Mother's Day became a brutal, tragic nightmare for a Queens family.  The defendant in this horrific case allegedly choked, punched, sexually assaulted and killed his mother in their home," Katz said in the news release.

Sharma was arraigned in court Sunday afternoon. He has been charged with two counts of murder in the second degree and sexual abuse in the first degree and is scheduled to appear in court again on May 24. If convicted, Sharma will face sentencing up to 25 years in prison.

arrest The infant’s father called 911 after he received threat message from the suspect about the scene he would see when he comes back home. Photo: Pixabay

In a similar incident, a man from South Africa was arrested last month for allegedly abusing his 79-year-old grandmother. Police arrested a 37-year-old man, whose identity was not revealed, who reportedly lived with the victim. The accused man allegedly threatened to kill his grandmother if she attempted to report the assault. The suspect then left the house and did not return for a month. The unnamed victim, who sustained injuries in the incident, was transported to the hospital for treatment.