• A UFO was caught on video flying in the night sky above the Hawaiian island of Oahu on Dec. 29
  • The object was described by an eyewitness as a glowing blue object that was bigger than a telephone pole, a report says
  • Witness reports say the UFO disappeared into the ocean

An unidentified flying object was spotted hovering in the evening sky above the Hawaiian island of Oahu by multiple residents before 2020 ended, reports say.

Several eyewitnesses saw what appeared to be a glowing‚ oblong mass — both in the sky and in the water — on Dec. 29 at around 8:30 p.m. EST, prompting residents to call 911, Travel + Leisure reported. The mysterious sighting left the witnesses baffled and curious as to what it could have been.

Multiple videos of the UFO have since circulated online. After receiving reports from Honolulu police, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said that no aircraft incidents or accidents happened in the area at the time.

"Law enforcement contacted the Federal Aviation Administration the night of Tuesday, Dec. 29, about a witness report of a possible plane down in that area," FAA spokesperson Ian Gregor told USA Today. "We followed up on the report but had no aircraft disappear off radars, and we had no reports of overdue or missing aircraft."

Eyewitnesses reported, however, that they saw a large blue object fall out of the sky and into the ocean. A Twitter user named @FishNewsChannel shared a video of the bright blue UFO and sparked a discussion among social media users, with one proposing that the object may have been just an LED kite.

A witness named Moriah reported seeing the object passing over Princess Kahanu Estates, according to Hawaii News Now.

"I look up and then I was like oh s---!" the eyewitness told the outlet. "I started calling my husband and them because they were all in the garage. I was like hey. Come look up there. See if you see what I see. They all said yea!"

The 38-year-old said she considers herself a skeptic when it comes to UFOs, but the bright object they saw led her to become so intrigued that she and her husband jumped in their car and followed the object.

"I don’t know what it was,” she said. “This one was going so fast.”

The pursuit ended 3 miles from where it began, around the area of Farrington Highway in front of the Board of Water Supply building. Moriah said that the object appeared to drop into the ocean. "(It) went land in the water. Whatever it is," she explained.

The witness also added that she did not hear the UFO make any sound and described the object as being larger than a telephone pole.

The moon shines above a group of people on a UFO tour in the desert outside Sedona, Arizona, Feb. 14, 2013. Reuters/Mike Blake