A teenager killed his stepfather to protect his mother while the two were having a heated argument.

On Friday morning, the 37-year-old unidentified man took some money from his 38-year-old wife and left his home in Bindura, a town in Zimbabwe.

However, when the man didn’t return home for hours, the wife went in search of him and found him at another woman’s home. This led to a massive fight between the two at the man’s alleged girlfriend’s home.

After the husband turned violent, the wife fled the scene. The man followed her and the two began quarrelling once again at their home.

Fearing the man would harm his mother, the woman’s son picked up an iron bar and struck his stepfather on the head with it.

The man immediately fell unconscious. He was rushed to a nearby hospital with a deep cut to his head. He failed to respond to the treatment and died at the hospital.

Following his death, a murder case was filed against the 15-year-old boy, and he was taken into custody.

Confirming the arrest, Assistant Inspector Fidelis Dhewu told news daily Zim Eye, "I can confirm a murder case at Zvakwana Farm, Bindura, which occurred on Friday. We have since arrested the suspect, who is a minor."

Investigation into the case was ongoing and the identity of the accused was not revealed.

Earlier this year, an Indonesian teen fatally stabbed his stepfather for raping his sister and regularly beating his mother.

The 18-year-old boy and his mother were going to the police station to file a complaint against the stepfather when the man stopped them on the way. This led to a massive altercation between the teen and the man during which the former stabbed the latter multiple times with a knife he was carrying, before fleeing the scene.

The man was rushed to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. The next morning, the teen surrendered to the police. During interrogation, he confessed to stabbing his stepfather multiple times in the chest following which he was taken into custody.

africa crime scene
Representational image of a crime scene in Uganda, East Africa. ISAAC KASAMANI/AFP/Getty Images