• An image of protesters protecting a white police officer has gone viral
  • Nancy Duncan tweeted protesters intervened and protected an officer
  • Duncan was shifting the narrative from what mainstream news was saying

A photo showing a group of mostly black protesters linking arms to protect a police officer from a mob has gone viral. The metro police officer was separated from his unit after protests turned violent in Louisville in response to the deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor.

In the image, the police officer was shown wearing riot gear and stood in-front of Bearno’s By the Bridge, which happens to be a pizza chain restaurant near the Second Street Bridge.

According to Fox News, a group of men wore face masks and linked arms to prevent other members of the protesting crowd from reaching the white officer while he waited for his squad to return.

One Louisville native, Nancy Duncan tweeted that protesters intervened and protected an officer who had been separated from the squad. She added a request for mainstream news to cover it, considering the momentum was with the negative incidences that had swept the nation since the death of Floyd.

Duncan was trying to shift the narrative and responded to tweets from Joyce Alene from MSNBC. She had mentioned Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, Governor Tim Walls and Attorney General Keith Ellison, all alleged outside forces, domestic and foreign have infiltrated the state.

Alene is a former US attorney for the Northern District of Alabama, and President Obama nominated her. She claimed the Department of Justice in the previous administration would have investigated the matter already. She added they would have tried to avoid the climax by using community relations services to give the locals a strong voice.

The same day hundreds of people marched in Downtown Louisville, chanting Breonna Taylor’s name. They were also demanding the officers involved be brought to justice and charged with murder.

Taylor was a 26-year-old EMT that was shot eight times by narcotics detectives who stormed her residence on March 13th. It was a drug raid, in which her boyfriend shot at the officers. They returned fire and hit Taylor instead of her boyfriend. No drugs were recovered during the raid.

The protests went on into the weekend, and the state police were also deployed on the scene.

Crowd Pixabay