Crew members of a train spotted a woman screaming for help after she spent two days floating on an air mattress on an Oklahoma lake. The workers alerted authorities, who arrived to rescue the woman and bring her to safety.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP) said the woman and a man used the air mattress as a raft to make their way out to a boat on Lake Texoma. The man was able to make it back to shore and stay at a house to keep himself warm. However, the woman was still floating on the lake and drifted away on the mattress, according to KTRE.

Two crew members — Train Conductor Cristhian Sosa and Train Engineer Justin Luster — of Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway (BNSF Railway) were traveling through Mead when they spotted the woman screaming for help Thursday.

“She was literally laying on the ground waving one arm, basically her left arm, the one that her arm wasn’t stuck with her jacket and she was asking for help so we instantly knew she was hurt and she needed help,” Sosa said, according to the local news outlet.

The woman was at Ranger Station when she drifted away on the air mattress for about two miles before finally reaching land and making her way to the railroad tracks, OHP said. She told the train’s crew members her name was Connie and said she had been floating on the lake for about two days.

“Well naturally we kinda thought maybe she was delirious we really didn’t know what really happened and it wasn’t until we got to the crossing where highway patrolman had come out to find out her story was accurate, she had been floating on that air mattress for a solid day or two,” Luster said.

The woman was freezing when the train crew members found her. She had cuts on her hand, showed signs of hypothermia and was struggling to walk, according to Lena Kent, general director of public affairs for BNSF Railway, who spoke to NBC News via email. Crew members helped her to the second engine and immediately called 911.

First responders met them at the next crossing.

"Such an incredible story," Kent wrote to the publication.

The woman was taken to the hospital and received medical attention. She is expected to survive.

OHP is still investigating the incident and searching for answers about the man that was with the woman before she was stranded and rescued two days later.

Representative image Credit: Pixabay