Erica Garner 2
Erica Garner, Eric Garner's daughter, attends a press conference held with her familiy members and the Reverand Al Sharpton calling for further justice and legal action against the police officers responsible in the death of Eric Garner, Jul. 14, 2015, in New York City. Getty Images

Activist Erica Garner, the daughter of police brutality victim Eric Garner, remained in a coma Tuesday after suffering a heart attack over the weekend. A person identified as one of Erica’s workers posted on her official Twitter account that visitors were kicked out of her hospital room Tuesday just before she was set to be taken out of the coma.

The person posted an update early Tuesday morning saying the police had removed visitors from her room.

“She is in Woodhull hospital,” they wrote on Twitter. “The police all of a sudden rushed me not only out of her room where I was all night and have a pass to be they rushed me out of the icu [intensive care unit] with no explanation.”

“NYPD cleared me out of the ICU leaving Erica BY HERSELF WITH NO EXPLANATION,” the person continued. “We are at Woodhull hospital. They are supposed to be bringing her out of a coma in less than an hour and the NYPD cleared her support from the floor with no explanation.”

“I don’t trust NYPD,” another tweet said. “They are saying that they mixed up the list of people who had permission with the people who don’t. Until they figure it out all visits are dead. Problem is, I have been up there all night WITH AN OFFICIAL PASS FROM THE HOSPITAL!”

It remained unclear whether Erica had begun to be taken out of the coma. The 27-year-old rose to notoriety when she became an activist after her father’s death in 2014. Eric Garner’s story became famous after he was put into a chokehold by police for selling loose illegal cigarettes and died. His last words, “I can’t breathe,” became a rallying cry against police brutality.

Family members announced Erica suffered a heart attack Saturday. Her mother, Esaw Snipes-Garner, said the heart attack was the result of an asthma attack, according to the New York Daily News. It was her second heart attack this year, according to USA Today. The first occurred after she gave birth to her second child in August, which reportedly put a strain on her enlarged heart.

Friends and family were giving updates on Erica’s condition over the past few days. Her family said she was in a coma and on full life support, unable to breathe on her own.

“[She] is still with us,” her mother told the Daily News. “She’s fighting. The doctor says she has a strong heart.”