On Tuesday, Fotis Dulos reportedly attempted suicide at his Farmington home. However, the investigation regarding the May 24 disappearance of his estranged wife, Jennifer Dulos, has continued amid his urgent medical issues, including the execution of another search warrant on his property.

Initially, law enforcement officials became aware that something may have happened to Fotis when he did not appear for a previously-scheduled bond hearing that day. Upon arrival at his home, first responders reportedly attempted CPR before transporting him to UConn Health for carbon monoxide poisoning. He was then taken to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, New York for further treatment. At this time, he remains in critical condition.

The news followed the Connecticut resident being charged with murder and kidnapping on Jan. 6, which pertained to the May 24 disappearance of his estranged wife. Prior to the aforementioned charges, he, along with his former girlfriend Michelle Troconis, also faced charges of hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence.

According to Eyewitness News 3, police made the decision to execute a new search warrant on Wednesday. Per the outlet, several vehicles were seen outside of his residence, including a major crimes van. The Farmington CT Police confirmed this news in a tweet, which can be seen below, and stated that it was part of their "continued investigation."

On Wednesday, the rescheduled bond hearing took place as well. The initial court date was set due to new concerns about "imperfections in the collateral" from the company who backed the bond, as stated by the New York Post. At the second hearing, the judge also increased his bail to $6.5 million and said that Fotis could face re-arrest if he returns to court in the future.

READ: Missing Connecticut Mom Jennifer Dulos Update: Fotis' 'Allegedly Violent Relationship' Outlined In Search Warrants

These new developments followed a lengthy legal battle for Fotis following the mother of five's disappearance. Throughout the course of the investigation, he not only was ordered to obey a court-ordered gag order, but he was also instructed to wear a GPS monitoring system. Additionally, he had also been recently punished for allegedly dismantling a memorial that had been set up in Jennifer's honor.

Police Car
In this photo, police cars sit on Main Street in Dallas, Texas, on July 7, 2016. Laura Buckman/AFP/Getty Images