Leiby Kletzky
Leiby Kletzky, 8, found murdered in home of Levi Aron, 35. NYPD

Levi Aron, the alleged killer of the 8-year-old Brooklyn boy Leiby Kletzky, had his ex-wife so scared of him, that in 2006, she had asked Memphis authorities for protection from him. She said, he'd punched her with a closed fist, threatened to ruin her name in the community and have her children taken away.

The court records reveal, Deborah Parnell Aron claimed her then-husband, Levi Aron, had been diagnosed with a behavioral disorder and had to take medication for the same.

According to her, on Dec. 18, 2006, her estranged husband had come to her house and was let inside the house by a family member. That day, he came up to her and asked her to have sex with him, to which, she refused.

Earlier that day, Levi Aron had called her and told her that if she didn't sleep with him he would kill himself, court records show.

Aron's ex-wife told police that he had made around 100 calls to her and sent many text messages, wherein he called her derogatory names every day for three months. She had also accused him of using profanity in front of her children, a commercialappeal report said.

The Police protection was dismissed in January 2007 at Deborah Aron's request, and the couple divorced the same year.

Levi Aron, 35, who moved to Memphis and worked as a meat cutter at Kroger during his brief time in the Bluff City before moving back to Brooklyn, N.Y., is charged with second-degree murder, the report said.

Aron is accused of kidnapping, killing and dismembering an 8-year-old Hasidic Jewish boy. Prosecutors say he lured Leiby Kletzky to his home Monday after the little boy got lost while walking home from a day camp, however, in his confession, Aron said that he killed the kid because he panicked seeing the fliers that reported the kid missing.

The child's feet were found in Aron's freezer, when the detectives arrived at his apartment for investigation. When I saw the fliers, I panicked and was afraid, Aron said, according to police.

Investigators are checking whether the suspect had improper contact with children in the past. They also have been examining three computers seized from his home, the report said.

Aron was ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation after his attorney told the judge his client might be mentally ill. Aron claimed that he suffered from hallucination, and pleaded not guilty.