The body of Roswell Friend, 22, a bright and popular Temple University graduate, is believed to have been found on the shore of the Delaware River, not far from Philadelphia.

New Jersey State police confirmed to The Baltimore Sun that a body fitting Friend's description was found late Monday morning along the Delaware River in Riverton, N.J., which is about 13 miles north of Phildelphia. While New Jersey police did not confirm the identity of the body, a Philadelphia police spokesperson told The Towson Times, a local Maryland newspaper, that Friend's father positively identified it on Monday.

Friend has been missing since he left his home on Aug. 18 to go for a run. He had recently graduated from Temple University where he was a member of the track team.

Friends reported that he was upset before leaving for the Thursday evening run, in connection with overdue rent on a shared rowhouse.

Before leaving his house at about 7 p.m. on Thursday, Friend wrote I'm sorry guys in a message to his roomates on a whiteboard in the house, and also wrote I'm sorry everyone on his Facebook page (he has over 1,500 Facebook friends.)

At 7:29 he sent a text to his close friend Tyler Brown that said, I love you dude.

Friend, who studied broadcasting and media at Temple, had been interviewing for a position at Comcast. His third interview was scheduled for Friday, Aug.19.

Friend was last seen on Temple security camera footage during the early part of his run. One of his regular routes took him through a rough neighborhood near the university.

It was a very bad neighborhood that he ran through, Brown told the Baltimore Sun. His teammates said that if they run that way they don't do it at night.

Friend was also known for running very long distances.

On a good day he can run 15, 20 miles, Brown said. We do know he was stressed out, so he could easily push himself beyond that, he added.

Unabyrd Wadhams, who said that her son went to high school with Friend, told the Baltimore Sun that Friend's mother called her on Monday afternoon from Philadelphia and told Wadhams of her son's death.

He was just a wonderful, wonderful human being, Wadhams told the Baltimore Sun. He always had a smile on his face and was the type of person to make friends very easily. He had just finished his undergraduate studies and had everything ahead of him.