• Brad Pitt accused Angelina Jolie of attempting to gain profits she didn't earn by selling her stake in Château Miraval
  • The "Ocean's Eleven" actor also alleged that Jolie breached their agreement by selling her stake without mutual consent
  • Pitt wanted the sale of Jolie's stake to be voided and receive damages

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's legal battle continues after the actor sued his ex for allegedly selling her stake in Château Miraval without his knowledge and consent.

In the court documents obtained by Us Weekly, Pitt claimed that Jolie sold her interest in the winery to a third party without informing him. The "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" actor only learned about the transaction in October 2021. Furthermore, Pitt accused the "Maleficent" star of attempting to gain profits she didn't earn and breaching their agreement to only sell their stakes with mutual consent.

Pitt claimed that the "Salt" actress allegedly stopped contributing to the Château Miraval loan in 2013 while he kept putting money into the business. Pitt also stated in the filing that he dedicated his time to the winery to make it profitable after they purchased it in 2018. They bought the property for €25 million, with Pitt covering 60% and Jolie the remaining 40%.

The "Ocean's Eleven" actor wants the sale of Jolie's share to be voided and receive damages.

"Unfortunately, this is another example of the same person disregarding her legal and ethical obligations," an unnamed source close to the situation told the outlet. "In doing so, she has violated the rights of the only person who poured money and sweat equity into the success of the business by purporting to sell both the business and family home to a third-party competitor. She is seeking a return on an investment she did not make and profits she did not earn."

Tenute del Mondo, the Stoli Group subsidiary that acquired Jolie's stake, announced the news on Oct. 5 in a press release. It noted that Pitt would still be involved with the company.

In September, Pitt filed a lawsuit in Luxembourg accusing his ex and her business partner of attempting to cut him out of a potentially lucrative sale of Château Miraval shares. The documents claimed that Jolie selling her stake could cause her to profit at his expense.

"It is worth mentioning that, for the last four years, Nouvel [Jolie's company] did not act in the best interest of Quimicum by systematically delaying the approval of the annual accounts and the renewal of the manager," the suit read, accusing Jolie of "systematic obstruction," Us Weekly reported.

"It's pretty upsetting that she would behave this way considering that [Brad] was the one who did all of the work on building Miraval," another anonymous source said at the time.

Pitt and Jolie were declared officially single in April 2019. However, they are still finalizing their divorce.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 26: Actors Brad Pitt (L) and Angelina Jolie arrive at the 84th Annual Academy Awards held at Hollywood & Highland Centre on February 26, 2012 in Hollywood, California. Dan MacMedan/WireImage