Fotis Dulos' family members have remained silent following his death, which resulted from carbon monoxide poisoning after a suicide attempt at his Farmington residence on Jan. 30. However, they have now broken their silence in a new letter.

Following the May 24 disappearance of his estranged wife, Jennifer Dulos, the Connecticut resident had faced murder and kidnapping charges. Previously, he, along with his former girlfriend Michelle Troconis, had also been charged with evidence tampering and hindering prosecution regarding the whereabouts of the New Canaan mother of five.

In a letter published by the Hartford Courant, Fotis' sister, Rena Kyrimi, revealed how the family has been dealing with the recent events and how they view what has transpired. 

After saying that he had been "the man everyone wanted to befriend," she revealed that her family members felt "let down by the State" and the "world that was too quick to call him a monster."

She also shared that she had been "shocked at how Law Enforcement obsessively focused with speculation and circumstantial evidence on an innocent man and turned their back on finding the real perpetrator of this tragedy, who is now at large, still a threat to public safety."

READ: Missing Connecticut Mom Jennifer Dulos Update: Fotis' 'Allegedly Violent Relationship' Outlined In Search Warrants

Additionally, she asked if the State would further investigate the court system for lacking accountability. Fotis' sister also asked the Judiciary System to "publicly release the family relations study in the family case" and the State "to recalibrate their investigation and work towards solving this tragic mystery."

The release of the aforementioned letter comes after a lengthy investigation surrounded Fotis for his suspected involvement in Jennifer's disappearance. Prior to his death, not only had he been ordered to appear in court for issues pertaining to his GPS monitoring system, but he had also had his alibi questioned due to a "new twist" and previously-unreleased voicemails had created new suspicion.

Following the newest charges, his attorney, Norm Pattis, had additionally pressed for his former client's trial to start prior to his death. However, Pattis has revealed that he wants to continue moving forward with the case. At this time, it has been said that attorneys for both sides have started "wrangling" over Fotis' assets.  Police Car In this photo, police cars sit on Main Street in Dallas, Texas, on July 7, 2016. Photo: Laura Buckman/AFP/Getty Images